Everything you ever needed to know about being a research postgraduate on the one page.
If you have recently enrolled, you should consult our research postgrad orientation page first.
Handbook quick links
- Code of practiceExtensionsPre-submission seminar
- Confirmation of
candidatureIntermission Writing-up away status
- Editing Mid-candidature review Your responsibilities
process Milestones (candidature) Your supervisor's responsibilities
Essentials you may need
- Ethics (animal) Intellectual Property Software
- Ethics (human) IT information Statistics advice
- Insurance - general MIGR forms Thesis by publication
Distance education researchers
- Authorship eThesis Thesis by publication
- Binding Plagiarism Writing the thesis
& Referencing Printing
& photocopying Writing-up away status
- Copyright Proofreading
- Editing Submission
organiser funding Scholarships
- Conference travel grants Seminar
Academic support & seminars
- Climb the thesis mountainMIGR online training Skills essentials booking system
- Learning support links MIGR podcasts
- Library guide for research postgraduates MIGR powerpoint presentations
Conferences & travel
- Business cards Conference travel
organiser funding Insurance- business
travel Travel information
Help from the MPA
- Advice & advocacyeThesis Research progress
- Authorship Intellectual Property Seminar organiser funding
- Conference organiser funding International postgrads Supervision
- Distance education Orientation online
A PhD candidate practicing some stress releif
Local HDR blog
Visit The Thesis Whisperer for articles, advice, tips and links (including 'procrastination aids") from fellow research postgrads in Australia. You can even join and contribute!.
Research postgraduates - online support
The Learning Support unit offers online guide for higher degree by research postgraduates.
ResearchGATE - networking for science researchers
ResearchGATE is a professional and social networking website for researchers.