General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
I am a second-year PhD candidate in the Faculty of Arts, School of Social Sciences. I’m researching the student experiences of international university students living in Purpose-Built Student Accommodation in Melbourne.
This is my first term of the MGA Executive Committee and I am currently a General Representative member. Prior to this, I worked in federal and state politics across Adelaide and Melbourne, university student services as well as a youth social worker after a couple of years studying and working in Copenhagen and Istanbul.
I have an Honours 1 in Urban, Social & Community Planning and graduate degrees in International Relations and Politics.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.